Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Two Cars

If you could have two cars in a two car garage, what would they be?

This was the question Ferds tried to answer in his earlier post. And it's something I'll attempt to answer now. Answering that question won't be easy, given that the answer depends on your mood and your mindset as of the moment you choose to answer it. So here's my answer for now.

First off, the things I will consider for my choices. I won't go all-out dream cars here. I have to consider that I have a wife and kid. I have to consider that we live in the Philippines. So that means one car would have to be a family car, and the other could be any car. I'll try to be realistic for now, we can do dream cars some other time.

The first car I'd want would be the diesel Toyota Innova with automatic transmission. It's the perfect family car. It's spacious and it's tall enough to wade through some shallow floods when storms hit.

The second car would be either a blue 2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi, or a black 2010 Subaru Impreza WRX STi hatchback. Just because I've always wanted to own a fast car.

Out.

3 comments:

  1. nice picks gani! my only comment on the innova is that it only has 2 airbags. that aside, its a great everyday car. i've yet to meet an unsatisfied innova owner. and i heart the 04 sti.

    ReplyDelete
  2. good question...

    supercars and dream machines aside (and excluding gray market imports), i think my two cars would be the current ford everest 4x4 (love my 4x2 but the 4x4 would have been my first choice) and an e39 540i (the M5 is still a bit pricey)

    ReplyDelete
  3. the e39 is still my favorite bmw body, with the e34 not far behind. i guess i'm more of a sedan and sports sedan guy. also a good call on the everest, though as someone who's gone through 2 4x4s, they're awesome but not essential. maintenance is also higher on those.

    ReplyDelete