Tuesday, July 26, 2011

just the two of us

Gani texted me this great idea for an ongoing topic. To paraphrase:

"What 2 cars would you want for a 2 car garage?"

Wow. What a tough question. Because its easy to list down cars that we want. But if you could only have 2? Wow. Would you just go balls to the wall and say "a Ferarri F40 and a Mercedes Benz SLS" (2 of my favorite supercars of all time). But assuming we are trying to inject some realism in here (realism with an unlimited budget), then the choices must be a bit more practical. So then we would think about ride height, fuel efficiency, etc. If its important to you, one might even go with hybrids or a hydrogen engine car.

A few years ago, an Austrian BMW test driver (his name escapes me now) answered a similar question very well. The question was "what car would you have in your garage". His answer went something like:

"I have my dream cars in my garage. I have an [BMW] e90 330i Touring (wagon) for the weekdays, and a [BMW] Z4 for the weekends".

Not a bad garage. Not bad at all.

So right now, at 10:50pm on July 26, 2011? Fighting off the itch to go with an F40 as one of my pics, lets try to be a bit more "practical" and give these 2


1967 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500

BMW F11 530d

Hmm...ok maybe those choices weren't that much more practical. At least I chose a diesel for everyday driving...

No comments:

Post a Comment