Wednesday, November 2, 2011

What I REALLY Want to Have Done to My Car

Last time I wrote an article about five things I wanted to have done to my ride. This time, it's about upgrades that are more unlikely to actually happen because these are mostly luxury things that aren't really a necessity. Aside from the first two things.
  • Upgrade the in-car entertainment. Again, the stereo's starting to conk out. I'd like better speakers (no need for a space-eating sub woofer), a better stereo with a flip-out LCD monitor, and a well-placed (and well-hidden) back-up camera. The stereo should also have an auxiliary jack so I can listen to my Tropical Banter (free plug!) podcasts on the way to work and on the way home.
  • Brighter headlights. Don't get me wrong, I can see well at night. I just want even better night driving illumination. As long as I don't blind oncoming motorists, of course. Maybe even get yellow lights, as long as they can illuminate as well as, if not better than, my current headlights. Of course, I'd have to clean my headlamps as well, since they're now pretty yellow due to always being parked out in the sun. I hear Meguiars has a headlight restoration kit that works well.
  • New rims. Just replace the current rims with a new set to help make my car more unique. I've always been fond of BBS rims, specifically the ones that look like their LM and RS-GT rims. Just get a set to replace the four on my car. It doesn't even have to be bigger or wider than my current stock rims. Well, maybe wider.
  • Big brakes, steel-lined brake hoses, and better brake fluid. Not only would the bigger brakes look good with the BBS rims, it would help improve my car's stopping power too. Win-win on both aesthetics and functionality.
  • Improve the suspension. I still want a comfortable ride. I'm not planning on turning my ride into a track monster. I just want better suspension to improve handling. Maybe a little less bounce and a slightly stiffer suspension so there's less roll when I turn.
  • Improve the engine performance. Not too drastic. I just want a slightly more powerful engine that still has great fuel efficiency. This could be done by adding a performance chip and maybe upgrading the intake and exhaust. And no, I don't want a muffler that's loud.
  • This might be the only weird item on this list, but I want to replace my car's hood with the hood of a diesel Rav4. Why? Because of the hood scoop. That's it. That's the only strange add-on I want on my car. Will it serve any useful purpose? I don't know. It might help with the airflow if I improve the intake, but most likely it will be a purely aesthetic thing. And I want it. I don't know why.
And that's it. Those are the "more extreme" things I'd like done to my car. It may not seem too extreme to some of you, but for me, that's all I'd want done to my car.

Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment