Friday, September 12, 2014

Confessions of a Car Nut


Traced and Riced Ferrari 512bb
Traced 512bb, with fender flare mods by yours truly
I have a confession to make. I am a ricer.

I like the fender flares. The wide stance. There are cars with huge spoilers that I appreciate. Call me weird. Call me an artist. There are certain cars that look good riced out.

However I don't believe it stops at looks. If you want to make your car look fast, you'd better make sure it can go fast too. And stop great. And handle perfectly.

And while I would prefer to drive a sleeper car, meaning a normal looking car that has amazing performance, I still can appreciate those tricked out rides.

I have a confession to make. I never was a Ferrari road car fan.

I liked them. When I was young it was the Testarossa. Then it became the 360 Modena. That's it. I could identify most Ferraris, but I never was a big fan of the cars.

Until Gran Turismo 5.

See, I got a Ferrari 512bb in GT5. Purchased it to race in a few of the series. Similar to what happened to me in Gran Turismo 2, where I fell in love with the Ford GT40, I eventually fell for the 512bb too.

As I grow older, I guess my tastes are starting to develop more, and mix too. See what I drew above? A Ferrari 512bb that I traced from a reference picture, THEN I added fender flares and a wider stance. Sort of like east meets west. The 512bb by itself looks great, but I just think how cool it would be if it had fender flares.

And yes, if I were to be given the chance to own ANY Ferrari, it would be the 512bb. Over the F40. Over the Enzo. Over the LaFerrari. Over the 250 GTO. Or I'd get any Ferrari and sell it so I could buy a 512 and modify that car.

I can dream, can't I?

Out.

3 comments:

  1. Every motorhead has some ricer days, usually in teenage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @cRiPpLe_rOoStEr a.k.a. Kamikaze: That's the problem, I'm thirty-four years old already. Thanks for reading the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I share the same confession at times lol but I'm more of the "sleeper" type of person, especially if you can drive by a cop and have him/her not look twice at you! Peace pare! Recently found this page, I like it!
    Check out my pages:
    PrivateRunners.com
    PVTRunner.com

    Peace!

    ReplyDelete